- Expo Chicago 2018 Shulamit Nazarian2
- Expo Chicago 2018 Shulamit Nazarian5
- Expo Chicago 2018 Shulamit Nazarian3
- Expo Chicago 2018 Shulamit Nazarian4
- Naudline Pierre, Deal Kindly and Truly With Me, 2018
- Amir H. Fallah, Papillon, 2018
- Naudline Pierre, Mercy and Goodness, 2018
- Amir H. Fallah, Calling On The Past, 2018
- Naudline Pierre, The Thrill of Affection, 2018
For Expo Chicago, Shulamit Nazarian is pleased to present a two-person booth featuring new works by Los Angeles-based Amir H Fallah and Brooklyn-based Naudline Pierre. The presentation will include paintings by both artists, as well as vignette-based sculptures by Amir H Fallah.
Both artists will exhibit new works that utilize personal history as an entry point to discuss race, religion, the body, and the memories of cultures and countries left behind. Through this process, Fallah and Pierre forgo direct political commentary in lieu of nuanced and emotive narratives that evoke an inquiry about identity, representation, and the history of portraiture.